The parish began in late 1994 when Metropolitan Anthony of Blessed Memory invited our founder members to be part of his Archdiocese. Fr John Lee, Dean of the Cathedral in London was our first priest, giving us our first instruction aand beginning to serve Divine Liturgy regularly from January, 1995.
Later the same year Father David was made Priest, and in due course Fr Peter Brameld became Deacon and then Priest in 2002. At that time we were within the Moscow Patriarchate, in the Diocese of Sourozh.
Soon after our establishment we were joined by many who had formerly been members of the earlier Russian and Belorussian Eucharistic Communities which had worshipped in Nottingham since at least the early 1950's.
For the first few years we were able to worship in St Mary’s Church in the Lacemarket, an ancient and beautiful place of worship in the centre of Nottingham, a very suitable place to begin our outreach.
In 1999 we purchased part of a Methodist building and with the help of many generous and regular donors we were able to convert the former hall into a beautiful temple area.
In June 2006 our then bishop, Bishop Basil of Amphipolis, left the Moscow Patriarchate and was received into the Ecumenical Patriarchate.
Therefore since that time we have been under the care of Archbishop Gabriel of Comana, with Bishop Basil as our local bishop until his retirement in October 2009.
With effect from 14th September 2009 we no longer hold services at the Church in Carlton, and we have established a regular pattern of worship at St Leodegarius Church in Basford.